PreSonus StudioLive 16.4.2 16-Channel Digital Mixer
Presonus Digital Mixer with 16 inputs, 6 auxiliary mixes, 4 subgroups. Fat Channel Select with high pass filter, compressor, limiter, gate, 4-band semi parametric EQ, pan, load/save/copy/paste. 2 Master DSP Effects. Hi-Definition analog to digital converter.
StudioLive is the most powerful and flexible sixteen-channel digital mixer the world has seen. Loaded with sixteen high headroom XMAX microphone preamplifiers, built-in 22x18 FireWire recording and playback engine, Fat Channel processing with 4-band EQ’s, compressors, limiters and gates, DSP effects, six aux buses, four sub-groups, extensive LED metering, mixer save and recall, channel-strip save/recall/copy/paste, talkback and more, breaking new boundaries for music performance and production.
Loaded with Racks of Effects
StudioLive is loaded with everything needed for professional live sound production totaling 22 compressors, 22 limiters, 22 gates, 22 high pass filters, 2 stereo reverb/delay’s, 2 31-band equalizers, 2 master stereo limiters and more, saving you loads of money and trips from the trailer during load in/out. All StudioLive digital effects are created and processed with 32-bit floating point precision for maximum sonic performance and enhanced musicality.
Best in Both Worlds
StudioLive seamlessly integrates a professional digital mixer with a complete multi-channel recording system delivering the most creative environment available for both live performance and studio music production. Take your recording studio to the gig, and have your soundman record and even enhance your shows with the power of StudioLive.
Get creative in the studio. Record with or without Fat Channel or DSP effects processing. Create mixes, loops, sound effects and more, then bring them out to your show and mix them with the live performance. Process channels using your favorite plug-ins, and completely automate your entire show using your favorite music recording and production software. StudioLive completely revolutionizes music production opening endless creative possibilities.
Powerful and Easy Digital Mixing
StudioLive features an innovative and intuitive QuickTouch design allowing fast access to every parameter, mix, effect, and aux, allowing quick and creative control during music production. Load and save functions are also included to create snapshots of channel settings, save effect settings, totally recalling a mix, and more. All digital mixing and effects processing is done with 32-bit floating point precision for unmatched musicality.
(EQ, Compressor, Limiter, Gate, on every channel)
The heart of StudioLive is the Fat Channel engaged by pressing any Select button, and features extensive equalization and dynamics available to every input channel, every aux output, every subgroup output, and main output. High pass filter, and four-band semi-parametric equalization algorithms are based on PreSonus’ custom-designed digital EyeQ™ equalizer, delivering extremely musical results. Also included in the Fat Channel are compressors, limiters and gates modeled after PreSonus’ award-winning ACP88 for complete dynamics control.
Two programmable 32-bit stereo DSP effects engines are loaded in StudioLive with a wide range of reverbs, delays, and time-based effects with easy to use parameter adjustment, tap tempo, store, recall, and scene selection for ultimate creative flexibility.
Load and Save Your Settings
StudioLive allows you to save all of your digital settings for quick setup and recall. Save “scenes” (all settings), channel strips (Fat Channel), and individual DSP effects for ultimate ease, quickness and control.
Professional Sound Quality
StudioLive spares no expense when it comes to sound quality. All digital mixing is done with ultra high headroom 32-bit floating point processing for optimal sonic performance. Analog input and output is converted to digital audio with the highest-quality digital converters available delivering dynamic range of +118dB for spectacular sonic results and unmatched musicality.
Built-in 22X18 FireWire Recording
StudioLive includes PreSonus’ award-winning FireWire technology with JetPLL™ synchronization delivering 22 channels of recording and 18 channels of simultaneous playback. Each FireWire recording channel can be set to record either pre or post Fat-Channel signal processing giving total flexibility and power. StudioLive can also return 18 FireWire playback channels from your recording and production software for remixing and live performance with pre-recorded tracks, as well as studio mixing using the mixer’s internal signal processing and summing algorithms. StudioLive is compatible with Mac and Windows audio recording and production software including Logic, Nuendo, Cubase, Sonar, Digital Performer, Audition and more.
Integrated Multi-Track Recording Software—Capture
StudioLive 16.4.2 also ships complete with Capture multi-track recording software so you can effortlessly record your shows right out of the box. Capture software was designed to interface with StudioLive 16.4.2 perfectly to allow instant setup and recording of performances. With the look and feel of industry standard digital multi-track hard disk recorders, Capture software is instantly familiar to every musician and engineer. StudioLive HDR software gives you full editing capability as well as export to wav file formats for compatibility with ProTools, Cubase, Nuendo, Logic, Sonar and all other recording and music production software. Or you can play back your recorded tracks into StudioLive 16.4.2 via FireWire and mix your tracks with the mixing power and capabilities of StudioLive 16.4.2, then record the final mix back to Capture! Now that’s power!
Studio One Artist—Plus Gigabytes of Creative Resources
Now that you have captured your tracks, you probably want to bring them back to your studio for editing and sweetening before doing your final mix. No worries! StudioLive 16.4.2 also comes bundled with Studio One Artist, the amazing new DAW software for Mac OS X and Windows XP and Vista that makes producing high-quality projects easier than ever before. As part of the Studio One Artist package, you get 20 new PreSonus Native Effects plug-ins and virtual instruments and a generous bundle of third-party loops, software, and instrument sounds.
Compare Studio One Artist and bundled extras to what comes with competing mobile interfaces:
- All-meat, no-bloat, music-creation software with an intuitive, practical, single-window interface
- Unlimited tracks, insert effects, sends, virtual instruments, buses, and effects channels
- Powerful drag-and-drop functionality
- Content browser with convenient sort options and preview player
- Full-featured, flexible automation
- Powerful real-time auto/manual time-stretching and re-sampling engine
- Control Link™ (advanced MIDI mapping made easy)
- Twenty 32-bit Native Sound™ plug-ins, including reverbs, amp modeling, and EQ
- Four new virtual instruments, including a sampler and an analog-type subtractive synth
- Gigabytes of third-party resources, including Native Instruments™ Kore™ Player with custom SoundPack (150 instruments), Native Instruments™ Guitar Rig LE, Toontrack™ EZDrummer Lite, and over 1.4 GB of loops!
Link Multiple StudioLive's
Sometimes 16 input channels are not enough. No problem! You can use the StudioLive 16.4.2's second FireWire port to link two StudioLive 16.4.2 mixers for 32 channels of recording or to combine up to 4 StudioLive mixers for 64 channels in live performance, with sample-accurate synchronization between units. Now, you will never have to worry that your needs will outgrow your StudioLive’s mixing capacity; when you need more channels, just plug in a second StudioLive 16.4.2, turn on its link ID, and your master StudioLive will detect it and merge the buses to the master unit. You don’t even need a computer to cascade multiple units—simply connect them with a FireWire cable—done! You also can daisy-chain one or more FireStudio-series interfaces (such as the FireStudio Tube and FireStudio Project) with a StudioLive to provide additional inputs for recording.
- 16 inputs, 6 auxiliary mixes, 4 subgroups
- 16 class A XMAX microphone preamplifiers
- Hi-Definition analog to digital converters (118dB dynamic range)
- Unlimited headroom 32-bit floating point digital mixing and effects processing
- Internal sample frequency 44.1kHz and 48kHz
- 22x18 FireWire digital recording interface (24-bit / 44.1kHz and 48kHz)
- Compact 19” rack-mountable rugged steel chassis
- Fat Channel Select
- High Pass Filter
- 4-band semi parametric EQ
- 2 Master DSP Effects (reverbs, delays, time-based effect, with load/save)
- Load/Save Mixer “Scenes” – all settings including fader levels with LED position matching
- 100mm long throw faders
- Military grade quick touch push buttons
- Fast-acting LED meters
- Talkback communication system
- PreSonus Capture integrated live-recording software
- PreSonus Studio One Artist recording and production software
- Mac and Windows compatible
- Direct recording interface compatible with Logic, Nuendo, Cubase, Sonar, Digital Performer and more.
Computer system requirements:
Below are the minimum computer-system requirements for your StudioLive 16.4.2.
- Windows XP SP2 (32- or 64-bit) or later or Vista (32- or 64-bit; 64-bit requires driver version 3.4.1 or later)
- Intel Pentium 4 1.6 GHz processor or AMD Athlon 64 (Turion) (2.5 GHz or faster recommended)
- 1 GB RAM (2 GB or more recommended)
- Mac OS X 10.4.11 or Mac OS X 10.5.2 or later (10.6 supported in driver version 3.4.2)
- PowerPC G4 1.25 GHz or Intel Core Solo 1.5 GHz processor (2 GHz or faster recommended)
- 1 GB RAM (2 GB or more recommended)
Windows and Macintosh Systems
- IEEE 1394 FireWire 400 Port
- Internet connection recommended
- DVD-ROM drive
- Internal or external 7200 RPM storage drive highly recommended
Note that the speed of your processor, amount of RAM and size and speed of your hard drive will greatly affect the overall performance of your recording system. Also, a more powerful system (faster processor with more RAM) will allow for lower latency (signal delay) that you might experience while monitoring audio or MIDI signals.
Monitor resolution for both PC and Macintosh should be no lower than 1024x768 pixels.
Watch a Video Overview of StudioLive